A systems engineer at Handy Networks is responsible for designing, installing, configuring, managing, and monitoring complex hosted applications for our customers and internal IT systems. You will be a key team member, and we will provide you with creative freedom and autonomy to execute your duties in the most efficient manner possible.
This is an immediate opening. We hope to begin interviews the week of November 27, 2017.
Please be sure to complete the Wonderlic assessment, your application will not be considered without completion of this assessment.
This is an onsite position from our downtown Denver office location.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 Years or more of server, network, and systems experience, including knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, SNMP, etc.
- General knowledge of common network protocols, physical network topologies, the OSI model.
- In depth understanding of virtualization platforms, including Hyper-V and VMWare.
- In depth understanding of iSCSI storage networking systems, snapshots, replication management, and disaster recovery.
- Ansible experience.
- Zabbix monitoring experience.
- NGINX experience.
- Perl / PHP / Python / PowerShell scripting experience.
- Experience hosting Internet facing applications.
- Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems environments.
- Juniper networking experience (firewalls, switches, routers).
- Database server management experience (mySQL, MariaDB, MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Basic understanding of project management concepts and tools.
- Experience evaluating requirements presented to us by clients or perspective clients and developing a solution.
- Experiencing complex Veeam environments.
- Supporting our sales team by attending meetings with perspective customers with complex needs.
- Communications Skills (fluent written and spoken English language)
- Customer centered / can-do attitude
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to work alone and within a team
- You must be willing consent to a background check and credit check.
- Unlimited PTO
- $375/mo towards health benefits
- 401K with 4% safe harbor match
- MacBook Pro
- Company cell phone
Monday - Friday, 9AM-5:30PM. After hours maintenance work and weekend work may be required from time to time for project based work, DR tests, etc.
Full Time: $70K/yr - $95K/yr